Kelly Verdibello, IMFT – Therapist Columbus Ohio
Therapy for trauma, PTSD, infertility, families and more in Columbus, Ohio.
I have a strong passion for helping others overcome and understand their pain and suffering. I know it can be difficult to find people in our lives who we can connect with and trust; I believe in holding a space for vulnerability, courage, and finding hope through tough times. Together, we can overcome trauma by finding the pieces of ourselves that have been taken away and find our way back to our empowered selves.
I, myself, am a trauma survivor and a multisystemic specialist with experience working with intimate partner violence, sexual assault, intergenerational family trauma, and grief/loss.
From a young age, I had to grow up quickly and saw firsthand how our families and those around us have a strong impact on how we learn and function. Relationships help us build foundations for establishing trust, safety, and love. So, when I saw how my life was missing some of those elements, I utilized therapy to begin finding new ways of envisioning a more positive future. Now, I have been married for 5 years and have recently become a parent. Parenting during the pandemic has helped me more deeply relate to the collective trauma of the past few years, and also more deeply explore the stress and anxiety of trying to build those relational foundations that I, myself, once missed out on.
When I don’t have my therapist hat on, I love walking outside, reading a good book, and watching football (Go Buckeyes!).
I am a therapist because I genuinely want to help others and have a strong passion for advocating for those who have felt unseen and unheard. I work with a wide range of clients with varying mental health concerns, and my focus is primarily working with issues related to trauma. I am known to use humor (when appropriate) to bring lightheartedness to hard days. And I always want to evoke hope, comfort, and safety during sessions. I believe therapy is most effective when it feels like a place where you can be authentically yourself. Whether your goals are healing the wounds of your past, coping through present life stressors, or finding hope for a more fulfilling future, I welcome the opportunity to hear your story.
- I have a Bachelor’s of Science in Human Ecology from The Ohio State University and a Master’s of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy from Iona College.
- I am a Marriage and Family Therapist in the state of Ohio (F.2100196) and currently training to become a Clinical Supervisor.
- I have 5 years of experience working with children, teens, adults, and families in individual and multisystemic settings. These settings included office-based, school-based, and in-home therapy.
- I am a trained clinician in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) and am working to become fully certified.
- I am certified in Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) for children and teens.
MY CLINICAL SPECIALTIES
I work through a trauma-informed lens and utilize narrative, solution-focused, mindfulness, and intergenerational family therapy.
My clinical specialties include:
- Adult and Family Therapy
- PTSD and Childhood Trauma
- Relationship Issues
- Infertility and Postpartum Issues
“Courage starts with showing up and letting ourselves be seen” – Brené Brown