I like to take a collaborative approach to therapy to help you guide your own life success, rather than tell you what to do. Here are a few things you can expect from me:
- I like to laugh but also know that life can be incredibly hard and I can meet you in that place and help you navigate out. We can talk about anything and everything.
- I’m NOT going to sit quietly, nodding my head asking, “How does that make you feel?” (ok maybe once or twice). I’m going to be actively engaged and right there with you.
- This is your time, your space, so therefore you can say whatever the hell you want. I am here to help you narrow down what we need to tweak, express, dig up, organize, or simply get rid of that’s caught up inside of you.
- I’m married with 3 young children (very close together in age) and understand that life can get crazy and you just need a minute to breathe to get your head back on straight.
- I received my B.S. in Human Development and Family Science from The Ohio State University and M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Wright State University.
- I’m an LPCC, Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (E1000215), in the state of Ohio.
- I’ve worked with a variety of clients in community mental health settings with teenagers and young adults, Juvenile Sex Offender Day Treatment, Juvenile Court, and several years in group private practice with young adults, couples and career focused clients.
MY counseling SPECIALTIES
I look for an authentic connection with my clients and believe that if we can start there, we can accomplish growth pertaining to any issue. Particularly I’ve found a passion for individuals struggling with:
- Eating disorders
- Postpartum depression
- Behavioral/Emotional issues in adolescents/teenagers
- Issues with Self-Esteem
When I was 12 years old, I rode on the school bus and other students would rotate in and out of my seat for “Therapy sessions with Kate” on our way home. I was born to do this and thrive off being a part of your emotional growth and well-being. Let’s talk and see if I’m the right match to help you.
“I hate to spoil the ending, but everything is going to be ok.”