Join Our Team
FREE YOURSELF FROM BURNOUT.
You’re really good at what you do. Your clients come back, and they get better. But you’re feeling burnt out and ready for a change. You want to work for a company that cares about you and your clients, not just the bottom line. One that has a team culture with benefits and flexible scheduling where you don’t have to see a minimum of 30+ clients a week. Oh, and you don’t want to own your own business. Does this even exist?
It does. And you know what? – There’s nothing wrong with wondering if there’s more out there than the status quo mental health practice. Blue Boat Counseling is anything but status quo. We’ve been working hard at bettering our client and employee experience, and now we need more people on our team to see it through.
We want therapists who are first and foremost, badass clinicians. For Blue Boat Counseling, this means you’re confident in your clinical skills but also humble enough to know what a privilege it is to be invited into our clients’ stories. You’re professional yet energetic with a passion for this work and see it as much more than just a job; it’s what you were meant to do.
Some things we think you’ll love about us:
- We offer our therapists a competitive pay rate along with a ton of flexibility and support.
- We have an onboarding program to support you through the first 90 days of employment.
- We handle setting up your digital marketing profile through our website and social media to highlight you as a source of empathy and authority in our community.
- We can fill any therapist’s caseload as long as they can retain a client.
- We (the owners) are a husband and wife team who love this business like it’s part of our family, which means we work really hard to make it succeed.
- We really care about our team and do things for them because we want to, not because we have to.
Some things you might not like about us:
- We have high expectations. We expect our therapists to provide evidence-based services to help our clients heal while also helping them really understand and feel the progress they’re making. We don’t expect our therapists to know everything, but we do expect them to ask for help when they need it.
- Our therapists must work hard for our clients by building rapport and crafting relationships. It’s how we care for our clients, making them want to come back and ultimately get the treatment they were seeking.
- Compliance with our office policies is a must. They exist to maintain order, which we can all appreciate.
- We ask for precise documentation.
Benefits & Perks:
- This is a full-time W2 position with full coverage liability insurance.
- $70-75 per clinical hour (depending on experience level)
- 2 weeks paid time off (at your clinical rate)
- Flexible scheduling (no need to work 5 days a week here!)
- Annual CEU stipend
- MacBook Air laptop provided for work use
- Streamlined technology – electronic health record, comprehensive communication system, modern website and social media presence
- Client Care Coordinator to handle scheduling new clients
- Beautifully furnished offices and client waiting area
- Snacks and drinks while in the office with other gifts and swag along the way (because we appreciate YOU!)
- Independent license (LPCC, LISW or IMFT in the state of Ohio)
- Being on your game as a compassionate therapist and human
- Authenticity is a must – life’s too short to be fake.
- Self-motivated, hard working and dedicated spirit
- Willingness to see at least 22 clients (what we consider full-time) and work at least one evening per week
- Strong organizational skills and timely with documentation
- We’re currently offering clients in-person sessions (masks required) with proper precautions in place. The option still remains for telehealth as decided between each client and therapist.
- Couples and/or teen counseling skills and training/experience are highly valued – please let us know if you have them
- At least 2 years clinical experience post independent licensure preferred
- Willingness to work additional evenings, Fridays and/or weekends is a plus
If you’re still reading and this sounds like you, then let’s talk!
- Please fill out the employment application below.
- Then send your resume to Carrie Sears at firstname.lastname@example.org.