Join Our Team
FREE YOURSELF FROM AGENCY BURNOUT.
You’re really good at what you do. Your clients come back, and they get better. But you’re feeling burnt out and ready for a change. You want a team culture with benefits and flexible scheduling where you don’t have to see a minimum of 30+ clients a week. Oh, and you don’t want to own your own business. Does this even exist?
It does. And you know what? – There’s nothing wrong with wondering if there’s more out there than the status quo mental health practice. Blue Boat Counseling is anything but status quo. We’ve been working hard at bettering our client and employee experience, and now we need more people on our team to see it through.
We want therapists who are first and foremost, badass clinicians. For Blue Boat Counseling, this means you’re confident in your clinical skills, professional and passionate about our clients and their stories. You’re energetic with a fire and see this work as much more than just a job; it’s what you were meant to do.
Some things we think you’ll love about us:
- We offer our therapists a competitive pay rate along with a ton of flexibility and support.
- We have an onboarding program to support you through the first 90 days of employment.
- We handle setting up your digital marketing profile through our website and social media to highlight you as a source of empathy and authority in our community.
- We can fill any therapist’s caseload as long as they can retain a client.
- We (the owners) are a husband and wife team who love this business like it’s our third child, which means we work really hard to make it succeed.
- We really care about our team and do things for them because we want to, not because we have to.
Some things you might not like about us:
- We have high expectations. We expect our therapists to provide evidence-based services to help our clients heal. We don’t expect them to know everything, but we do expect them to ask for help when they need it.
- Our therapists must work hard for our clients by building rapport and crafting relationships. It’s what makes clients want to come back.
- Compliance with our office policies is a must. They exist to maintain order, which we can all appreciate.
- We ask for precise documentation, including a weekly timesheet.
Benefits & Perks:
- W2 position with full coverage liability insurance
- $65-75 per billable hour (depending on experience level)
- 10 days PTO
- Flexible schedule
- Annual CEU stipend
- Streamlined technology – electronic health record, comprehensive communication system, modern website and social media presence
- iPad for use at the office
- Client Care Coordinator to handle new client set-up and scheduling
- Beautifully furnished offices and client waiting area
- Snacks and drinks while in the office
- Independent license (LPCC, LISW or IMFT in the state of Ohio)
- Being on your game as a compassionate therapist and human
- Self-motivated, hard working and dedicated spirit
- Willingness to see at least 20 clients per week
- Strong organizational skills and timely with documentation
- We’re still currently seeing clients online only, but we will return to in-person as soon as we feel it’s safe to do so (soon, we hope!). The option will still remain for telehealth as decided between each client and therapist.
- Couples counseling skills and training are highly valued – please let us know if you have them or are interested in seeing couples but need training
- At least 2 years clinical experience post independent licensure preferred
- Willingness to work some evenings or weekends is a plus
If you’re still reading and this sounds like you, then let’s talk!
- Please send resumes to Carrie Sears at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Then click the button below to fill out our application.
Applicants who do not follow the above process will be disqualified from consideration for employment.