Calysta Bartley, LPCCTherapy for trauma, anxiety, depression, couples & more in Columbus, Ohio.
Sometimes people feel “uncertain” or “overwhelmed” when they are experiencing anxiety, depression, trauma, and even relationship conflict. People are often the hardest on themselves after being influenced by life’s difficulties. I identify as a warm empathetic therapist who is ready to walk alongside you as you work through your concerns, without judgment, to help you start your journey of healing. Through therapy you can grow to meet yourself with love and compassion.
I grew up in a complex family situation with five siblings, an alcoholic mother, and father who suffered a traumatic brain injury. I left home at the age of 16 and became an adult at a young age. My career began working with traumatic brain injury and at an inpatient psychiatric hospital with psychotic disorders. More recently, I have worked with adults experiencing anxiety and depression. It was through these experiences I have “seen it all”. The experiences opened my mind and I have grown passionate about helping people through their emotional traumas; especially couples, caregivers, and parents. I often use a goal oriented and solution focused approach through utilizing a variety of modalities. One size does not fit all in therapy.
I am a therapist because I know what it is to heal from emotional trauma. I genuinely want to help people see that they can be their best selves in a warm and empathetic environment.
I was born and raised in Texas. My husband, daughter, and I moved to Ohio about three years ago. I am also the caregiver of an adult family member. When I’m not working I enjoy working on craft projects, reading, organizing, and spending time outside (as long as it’s not too cold).
- I have a bachelor’s degree in Political Science from Texas State University in San Marcos Texas and Masters in Counseling from St. Edwards University in Austin, Texas.
- I am a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) in the state of Ohio (E. 1901254) and am training to become a clinical supervisor.
- TF-CBT (trauma focused-cognitive behavioral therapy) certified.
- Gottman Institute couples trained
- Currently working on becoming a CCTP (certified clinical trauma professional)