Brittany Mendenhall, LISW-STherapy for trauma/PTSD, anxiety, depression, couples & more in Columbus, Ohio.
I’m a Licensed Independent Social Worker with a Supervisory designation (LISW-S) and I believe in a collaborative approach to therapy. I don’t see myself as someone who should give you advice or tell you what choices to make, I see myself as someone who wants to provide a safe and nonjudgmental space help support you, listen to you and actually HEAR what you’re feeling and going through, and as someone who can help guide you toward your goals. Whether it’s depression, anxiety, significant traumatic events, relationship issues, self-esteem issues, life adjustments, or general life stress that we all experience in different ways, I’m committed to being that source of guided support for you. In our sessions, we will work together to identify your concerns and learn how the appropriate coping skills can help to manage the stress and symptoms you may be experiencing.
Having a person-centered and trauma-informed approach in therapy is something that is very important to me. I’ve been on both sides of the therapy couch, both as the therapist and as the client (yes, even therapists need therapy!). Having worked with a couple of wonderful family and individual counselors, I understand how scary it can be to even start the process of seeking help. I also understand how important it is to find a therapist who is the right fit for you. Being a therapist of color and coming from two different cultural backgrounds is something I’m very proud of, but also not something I take lightly. I believe that I bring a valuable and unique perspective to therapy that isn’t always very common. I became a therapist to hear those who feel unheard, to see those who feel unseen, and to try to understand those who feel misunderstood. I feel incredibly passionate about helping and advocating for others, and fighting to reduce the stigma around mental illness. I have experience working with adolescents, adults, couples, and individuals who have Intellectual Developmental Disabilities. If you think I might be a good fit for you, I’d love to work together on this journey!
- Graduated from The Ohio State University with a B.A. in Psychology and a Masters of Social Work.
- I am an LISW-S, Licensed Independent Social Worker with Supervisory Designation (I.2002274-SUPV) in the State of Ohio.
- I have several years of experience working in outpatient community mental health settings and providing office-based mental health treatment.
- I am trained in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), CBT for Suicide Prevention
- Gottman Institute couples trained
MY CLINICAL SPECIALTIES
- Trauma-informed care
- Anxiety therapy
- Depression therapy
- Trauma & PTSD
- Stress management
- Relationship issues including couples & marriage counseling